News And Accomplishments
News Regarding Gerard Glass
Represented the purchaser of a $4 million dollar sale for a multi-tenanted facility in downtown Babylon.
Represented the seller of commercial strip centers in Hewlett, Great Neck and Cedarhurst in separate multi-million dollar sales.
Represented a substantial real estate group in acquiring numerous mixed-use parcels in Huntington and Bay Shore in separate transactions.
Served as broker and attorney for a local landlord in connection with two separate leases with national and regional tenants valued at over $2 million dollars.
Represent the seller of a 3-acre commercial parcel of land located in Montauk in $3 million dollar sale.
- Successfully represented the seller of a 5-location specialty medical practice in a $25 million dollar transaction.
- Represented the seller of a local self-storage facility in Oakdale in a multi-million dollar sale.
- Represented the seller of a local self-storage facility in Islandia in a significant sale.
- Represented the owner of a local funeral home in the sale of the business and negotiated a new lease.
- Represented the seller of a Farmingdale bagel store in the sale of the business and lease.
- Represented the buyer of an Italian Ice franchise in purchasing and assuming the seller’s leasehold.
- Handled the sale of a local auto repair shop to a national chain.
- Successfully defended a commercial landlord in protecting his multi-million dollar property from a tenant who fraudulently claimed an ownership interest in the property.
- Successfully defended a commercial tenant from being evicted by his landlord due to late rental payments.
- Obtained one of the first warrants of eviction in New York State during the COVID-19 pandemic despite the executive moratorium in place.
- Renegotiated dozens of leases on behalf of landlords and tenants due to COVID-19.
- After a week-long trial in Suffolk County Surrogate’s Court, won a verdict in favor of a Commack family valued at nearly $8 million dollars.
- Settled a professional malpractice claim against a major insurance carrier for failure to properly insure a Babylon based business.
- After an extensive arbitration hearing, won an award of over $475,000.00, representing a local contractor in a construction contract dispute with a commercial property owner.
- Represented a Bay Shore homeowner who was sued by his neighbor over a disputed waterfront easement. The case settled in a non-jury trial in Suffolk County Supreme Court with the Defendant homeowner being paid $125,000.00 on his counterclaim from the suing neighbor.
- On appeal, won a reversal from the New York State Appellate Division, Second Department of the trial court’s dismissal of a lawsuit against a local recycling facility in the Village of Lindenhurst.
Land Use and Zoning
- Successfully lifted unlawful use restrictions imposed by a Planning Board against a tea shop in a lawsuit against the Village of Patchogue.
- Represented the Incorporated Village of Lindenhurst in connection with the proposed re-development of the Lakeville property across from the Lindenhurst train station into a 260 units of upscale residential housing.
- Won zoning approval for an outdoor use of a popular local tavern and legalized its expansion.
- Obtained zoning approvals from the Town of Islip on behalf of Catholic Health Services of Long Island for a controversial multimillion dollar back up emergency generator project at Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip.
- Successfully obtained zoning approval from the Town of Babylon for a West Babylon gym.
- In a contested battle involving complaining neighboring landowners, won zoning approval from the Village of Babylon to permit the expansion of a Babylon Village waterfront restaurant.
- Negotiated a $6 million dollar energy savings performance initiative on behalf of the Village of Lindenhurst with Johnson Controls, a global conglomerate that specializes in energy sustainability.
- Authored dozens of local laws for several Villages throughout Long Island.
- Worked with the Suffolk County Police Department and Village of Lindenhurst Code Enforcement officials to raid and shut down a North Hamilton Avenue home which had been occupied by squatters. Possession of the home was returned to its rightful owners.
- As Special Counsel to the Incorporated Village of Port Jefferson, reached favorable terms on two separate successor collective bargaining agreement with the Civil Service Employees Association.
- Coordinated with the Suffolk County Police Department and Village of Lindenhurst Code Enforcement officials to raid and shut down a Nevada Street home in the Village. A number of squatters who were drug dealing in this quiet residential neighborhood were ejected, and possession was returned to the rightful owners.