- Civil Litigation
- Business matters
- Contract disputes
- Estates and probate matters
- Insurance coverage
- Municipal law
- Real estate
- Easements and Constructive Trusts
- Zoning and land use
Gerard Glass graduated from St. John's University School of Law, Queens, New York in 1984 and thereafter joined the Suffolk County Attorney's Office. He was elected to the Suffolk County Legislature and served two terms representing the 13th Legislative District covering the Lindenhurst and Babylon areas. At the age of 26, although the youngest member of the Legislature, Mr. Glass served as the leader of the majority caucus. In 1987, Mr. Glass joined the firm of Glass, Lazio & Glass as managing partner. The firm was renamed Glass & Glass in 1992 when Rick Lazio was elected to the United States House of Representatives. In 2018, Gerard Glass & Associates was formed with Mr. Glass serving as the managing partner.
Representing a variety of corporate and individual clients, Mr. Glass concentrates on both residential and commercial real estate transactions, estate planning and probate administration, business transactions, landlord/tenant matters, civil litigation, and land use and zoning issues. Gerard Glass has handled thousands of real estate and business transactions and has over 38 years of experience as a practicing attorney. Mr. Glass has served as general counsel to the Village of Lindenhurst for over 35 years and is special counsel to Village of Port Jefferson. Mr. Glass also served as general counsel for the Village of Babylon from 2017 to 2021. Moreover, he has also served as special counsel to the Villages of Amityville, Mastic Beach. He is a member of the New York State and Suffolk County Bar Associations and is admitted to practice in all New York State Courts and the United States District Court for the Eastern District and Southern District of New York as well as the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit. Mr. Glass has a Martindale Hubbell peer review rating of "BV Distinguished, 4.4 out of 5", meeting "very high criteria of General Ethical Standards." Mr. Glass has also been selected to Super Lawyers for 2019-2023 based on their criteria of “independent research, peer nominations and evaluations, as well as professional achievement in legal practice."
- St. John's University School of Law, Queens, New York
- J.D. - 1984
- St. John's University, Queens, New York
- B.A. - 1981
- Suffolk County Attorney's Office
- Glass, Lazio & Glass, Managing Partner
- Glass & Glass, Managing Partner
- Author of Numerous Local Laws, ordinances and regulations in Suffolk County Including Co-Authorship of the "1987 Water Protection Act."
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Martindale Hubbell peer review rating of "BV Distinguished, 4.4 out of 5"
- Super Lawyers
- Former Suffolk legislator and majority spokesmen
- General and special counsel to a number of municipalities